Friday, July 6, 2007

Chocolate Strawberries

I know, another dessert, but I just can't seem to get enough of them! This is one I am surprised I don't see more often. It is quite elegant and probably the easiest and quickest of all desserts to make. I assure you these aren't the prettiest ones, unfortunately I ended up eating those before I could even take a picture. All you need to make these is the chocolate of your choice (dark, milk, white, 60% cocoa), strawberries, and a microwave. If you want to add the stripes across the top you merely need a plastic sandwich bag.
First begin with the chocolate, place it in a small bowl, and put it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Take it out and stir it, and put it in for increments of 15 seconds stirring in between each one. Continue until all of the chocolate is melted and smooth. Then, begin dipping your strawberries. Make sure the strawberries are dry, if they are wet the chocolate will have a hard time sticking. Place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and when you are finished place in the refrigerator. Allow to harden and then eat!
To add the white chocolate lines on top, melt the white chocolate in the same way. Pierce the corner of a plastic sandwich bag, or cut the corner (make sure the hole is fairly small),put a few spoonfuls of the white chocolate inside and squeeze. Slowly move it back and forth over the strawberries. You can make an entire batch in ten minutes easy (not counting fridge time).
They may be covered in chocolate but I have managed to justify these as healthy, seeing as how I'm eating more strawberries than I would be eating if they weren't covered in chocolate (not the greatest logic, but it works for me).
You don't see the white chocolate ones as often, but I can only imagine how pretty they would be for a spring or summertime outdoor party, or even a winter one, where everything is decorated in white. These are quite elegant and tasty, giving a professionally made appearance with very little effort.

***Try other fruits such as bananas, and various toppings such as slivered almonds, sprinkles, and coconut.***

No comments: