Sunday, August 26, 2007

Pumpkin Seed Tilapia



This recipe was created in collaboration with my sister. I made her my pecan salmon, and she thought it would be a good idea to make the same thing for those who may be allergic to nuts. (It is actually one of the top allergies in the world). So, we kept thinking of what we could use instead of pecans that would still have that great nutty flavor. She suggested shelled pumpkin seeds, and what a great idea. Shelled pumpkin seeds taste very similar to sunflower seeds, which have a nutty quality to them, and no danger of death for those who are allergic. I actually prepared this exactly the same way as my pecan salmon. Depending on the thickness, I may cook the tilapia a little less than the salmon. Regardless, this is another great quick meal idea. I like to serve it with a lemon pepper butter sauce, and we tried it with some plain orzo. I think an orzo salad would be even better. (Using sunflower seeds instead of shelled pumpkin seeds is also an option).

No comments: