Monday, September 17, 2007

Hot Fudge Cake


This cake is a remake of a childhood memory. A long time ago, my mom took my sister and me to Bob's Big Boy and let us order the chocolate fudge cake. It was chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream in the middle, slathered in hot fudge, and topped with whipped cream and a cherry. It was absolutely fantastic! So, of course my sister and I would always ask for this and my mom came up with a brilliant idea to make it at home. It is quite simple and always a crowd pleaser. You simply make a chocolate cake per the directions in a 9 x 13 pan. Let it cool a little so that you can get it out of the pan without it breaking up. Slice the cake in the middle horizontally to make two layers. Next, you need some vanilla ice cream that comes in an unfoldable box so that you can open it up all the way and cut a slab off of it. Cut a slab of ice cream off that will fit on top of your cake, lay it on top of the bottom layer and stack the other layer on top of that. Heat some hot fudge topping in the microwave, (I can not emphasize enough, this is not even close to the same as chocolate syrup, you must get the bottle that says hot fudge). Pour the hot fudge over the top and top with whipped cream and a cherry! This dessert is definitely indulgent. Not much of a recipe, I know, but in this case, it couldn't get any better. Thanks mom!

1 comment:

Kat Simpson said...

Thanks for the memories :)